Thursday, August 20, 2009

The bell rung!!!

Wow! Who knew teaching was this much work! We started faculty meetings and moving into our new school last monday and I started teaching this Monday and so far it has been the best job I have ever had. It has definitely been the hardest job I have ever had but the best things in life take time and dedication. My classroom is set up and more organized than it will ever be. Yesterday, as a school we went up the Spanish Fork Canyon to do service projects. I ended up cleaning a park restroom that hasn't been cleaned for four years. I am trying to forget the experience but at the same time I am so proud of my students for being such hard workers and positive throughout the experience. Honestly, there really is something different about this high school. This week the students rotate from class to class learning the different habits of highly effective people, participating in social activities and my class (6 most important decisions you will ever make). I know I sound cheesy but I really feel like my students are 'getting it.' I love watching their ahaaa moments when they really finally understand that they are in control of their lives and they have the power to choose which path they take in life. As you can tell I absolutely love it.

Billy has had this past week off. This makes me so happy because for as long as I have known him (2 years) he has been working at MetalMart and working so hard in school full-time! It is a much needed break for him. During his week off he has still stayed very productive (unlike me catching up on every movie at redbox on my days off) He has cleaned the house, made bread, registered my car, helped me with my classroom, bought things for my classroom, errands, fixed his bike, rock climbing, gym, and rub my tired back! He honestly is the best!! Life is good!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Hello? Are you guys still there?