Monday, November 16, 2009

Free Tires for Life=No Bueno


It all started at Brent Brown, August 4, 2008, deciding whether or not to buy my Jeep. The salesman realized they were starting to lose me so they threw in these great deals: FREE TIRES FOR LIFE, free oil change, free car washes and free air fresheners (yes I was very excited for the new car scent for the rest of my jeeps life). I had hit the jackpot. Sergio (my salesman) realized that he had sold me with these offers. Side note: Sergio quit the next day don’t ask me why...oh wait probably because he promised things that he couldn’t fulfill. I believed I was dealing with a win-win situation. I get free tires and they get my mula for the car. Turns out this was a win-LOSE situation….me being the loser. You ask me how? Tires are so expensive who doesn’t want free tires. There was a stipulation in order to receive free tires, every 3,000 miles I had to bring my car in for them to do work performed. A new car doesn’t need all this crazy stuff. Labor is always half the cost. Who knew that rotating tires and ‘checking’ not changing the air filter would total 200 DOLLARS? I need to get into the auto repair business because they are making way more money for spinning tires than I do for molding young children’s minds and helping them to become good citizens. According to my amazing mathematic skills I have probably paid more in unnecessary maintenance than it would cost seven years down the road for a new set of tires.

Plus he left a gross grease smudge on the inside of my door.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is so lame! I am sorry. I hate paying for car repairs, its always way more than you expect!! Have a good day! Your gorgeous!

Paulina said...

Janaester,
I got my car from Brent Brown too and they stink. I was so upset after I bought it that I started to cry about it, at this time I was dating Dallin and he got so upset they were making me cry that he drove over there wanting to beat up the sales man. And, no it was not Sergio, it was Aaron. So Dallin didn't beat up the guy, he hadn't started working out yet, so he looked like no threat.
Moral of the story, yes they do suck and we should start selling vehicles for girls. Girl cars, brought to you by good looking girls.

sdralphs said...

Sad story Janae! Oh by the way I am dying for spin class, but have been so busy and have not been able to come. I am hoping my schedule allows for this Saturday morn because I miss it and miss seeing you!

Heidi Madsen said...

Ugh what a pain!! I'd be ticked. Everything with cars is SO EXPENSIVE. We're having car issues right now with our 2005 nissan sentra (we shouldn't be cause it's pretty new! but we are) and we're looking at getting a new one. Preston is test driving a jeep liberty as we speak, is that what you have?? Do you like the car?

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

hahaha um okay, Janae the above comment is from me, Shawnee Hopkin. My friend was signed into her account and I didn't realize... until I tried to go to some private blogs and it said permission denied. Is your blog not private anymore? Anyway thought I should let you know :)

melissa marie said...

So my lovely lady I was in cycling class yesterday and what song came on? Gangstas Paradise!!! Memories flashed through my head : 9th Grade, Beauty Pageant, JANAE!!!, "gotta get down with the hood". I busted out laughing right in the middle of class. Miss you!